But there are some random things I would like to share with the blogosphere while I wait for y'all to craft your responses to my interactive post (see below).
1. My access to the MRU library has been taken away (damn graduation). Which means that I no longer have access to any electronic journals that are not published by the APA. It is driving me CRAZY. Thank goodness I obsessively searched for and downloaded a shitload of articles that are relevant to my grad school hunt and research interests, not to mention the evolutionary psych bullshit that I will eventually get back to once I finish the gender series. And all the print journals I get in the mail from my various memberships have absolutely sucked ASS lately, for some unknown reason. (Except for an article on ambivalence that made me think of Ambivalent Academic, but really - it's not exciting enough for me to post about it.) Either way, it sucks. So if those of you who have access to journals and shit want to send me pdfs of articles you think I might like, please feel free.
2. I'm in the process of moving back in with my husband, which is a PAIN IN THE ASS. I hate moving. This is compounded by the fact that it is now almost guaranteed that I will be moving again this year, a minimum of 3 hrs away.
3. Speaking of moving - it is so far looking like grad program choice #4 is where I'll end up. Of course, I've only heard from 2 schools so far. But I feel like if SuperFuckingRockStarHolyShit program #1 rejected me, SFRSHS programs #2 and #3 are likely to reject me as well. Regardless, if I end up at #4, I am facing a halfway cross-country move which I will have to tackle by myself as my husband will be away for the military during that time frame. It's freaking me out.
4. I am currently suffering from Babies on the Brain syndrome. They are everywhere! I swear, if I went to a strip club, someone would have an infant sitting next to me cooing in my face. The upside of this is that it's making me feel better about the idea of not getting into a single grad program. At least I have options. Though the time frame would still be the same. My plan is to have my first in June of my first year of grad school, so 2010. I know the timing won't work out the way I want it to, but still - that's my goal. But I've become somewhat obsessed with knowing what it's like to have a baby in grad school, and unfortunately the only blogger I know of who has done this hasn't posted in FOREVER. So if you've got stories, please share them!!!
5. Why is it that when I have a million things to do, people are blogging and commenting up a storm, but when I've got diddly-shit going on, the whole blogosphere seems to have disappeared?
6. The Center for a Commercial Free Childhood annoys the fuck out of me. Mostly because of my job. I won't elaborate, but savvy readers could pretty easily figure out why I'm saying this and the company I work for. (But that won't help you figure out who I am IRL, just FYI.)
7. I hate it when people tag me on facebook in a note (aka a meme) and don't fucking comment on the shit after I put the time in to respond.
Okay, I think that's it for now. Back to brushing up on my gender reading. :)