Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Weekly Menu & Recipes

I'm too lazy and pressed for blogging time to link up to previous weeks or my Cooking Light post, so if you're interested you'll have to click the related posts below, click the "cooking" tag, or search.

Here's what's popping up on JLK's dinnerware this week:

Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki Sauce: Oh. My. God. This was so damn good and so damn easy. Except for shredding the cucumbers. That was a pain in the ass. This will be a frequent meal in our house once summer gets here, because it's just that kind of flavor. I added red bell pepper, but otherwise it was to the letter. This was the first meal I cooked using my brand spanking-new Calphalon Unison grill pan, so **BONUS** I took an actual picture of my kabobs cooking on it (just for you, CPP). Do your best to ignore my shitbox circa 1968 electric stove:

That is some sexy shit. The pan? The kabobs? Who cares? It's ALL SEXY.


Fettuccine Alfredo with Bacon - Yes, it is as good as it sounds. I LOVE this recipe, this was the second time I made it. It looks beautiful enough to serve to company, is very easy and fast but tastes like you were cooking for an hour. You MUST use fresh pasta. If you don't, you are seriously depriving yourself. Yes I know it's very expensive to buy fresh and a huge pain in the ass to make it yourself, but think about how much places like The Olive Garden charge for that shit, how many calories are in their version, and just trust me when I tell you that the $3.50 for Buitoni is totally friggin' worth it. 

Beef-Broccoli Stir-fry - Meh. I have a better, similar recipe from Cooking Light that I much prefer. I did not have any hoisin sauce so I just omitted it, but otherwise I followed the rest exactly. Hubby loved it, I thought it was just okay. Pretty easy though. 

White Pizza with Tomato & Basil - Haven't made this one yet, so you'll have to check back for my comments at the end of the week. My husband makes his own pizza crust, so we'll be using that instead of the prepackaged one they recommend. I'm also using canned tomatoes because at this time of year the canned stuff is better than the shit they pass off as fresh in my supermarket. 

Barbecue Pulled Chicken Sliders - This one should be interesting. Hubby is super excited. 

Italian Meatball Burgers - We love, love, love this recipe. It's a fantastic, very easy burger variation - particularly great if you're in the mood for a meatball sub but don't want to get take-out. I use Barilla Tomato & Basil sauce on mine. 

A quick request - if you guys are actually reading my menu posts and want me to keep doing them, leave me a quick comment just to let me know. If you guys aren't that into it, I don't want to clog up my blog pages with posts no one is really reading. 


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

4 comments:

Becca said...

I read these posts! But I am vegetarian and so would not cook most of them. I do prefer more of a 'review' than a 'preview' though- I like to know how things taste!

Comrade PhysioProf said...

Much better! Now you're a real food blogger!

Anonymous said...

Bacon - yummmmm! Totally reading and love the ideas! :)

Domestic Diva said...

Um, okay. Now I'm starving! And Fettuccine Alfredo with Bacon - that sounds like heaven!! Can't wait to try some of these out! Thanks for sharing : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...